Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks

Tuesday, March 2, 2010


Backdated post:

I had been cracking my head thinking of what kinda finger food to be served to my guest during our pre-CNY gathering. Since I had mistakenly bought Mozzarella cheese instead of Cheddar cheese for one of my baking experiment (which had failed - no post on that, too paiseh to mention); I need to make use of the Mozzarella cheese before their expiry date. Thus I had been searching over the net looking for a recipe to use them. I had found this recipe in Recipezaar and it sounded so simple to make. Thus, here's my finger food for my guest to munch on during the dinner. Best to be eaten while it's hot, we can practically see the cheese oozing out from each stick.

Ingredients

2 eggs
1 tbsp water
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 1/4 tsp rosemary
1 1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp pepper
20 stick of mozzarella cheese
3 tsp flour
1 tbsp margarine, melted
margarine/butter for greasing

Methods
  1. In a small bowl, beat eggs& water.
  2. In a plastic bag, combine bread crumbs, rosemary and oregano, garlic powder, and pepper.
  3. Coat cheese sticks in flour, then dip in egg mixture and bread crumb mixture.
  4. Repeat egg and bread crumb coatings.
  5. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
  6. Place on an ungreased baking sheet& drizzle with butter.
  7. Bake, uncovered, at 200 Celsius for 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
  8. Allow to stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

Simonne said...

Does this taste like the one in Burger King? I love mozzarella cheese stick! Chewy chewy....

SugarliciousGoodies said...

Simonne, I am not so sure whether it tasted like BK's coz I never tasted theirs.. Anyway, this is good too and chewy chewy (while they are hot)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP