Friday, December 31, 2010
400g pau flour
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 tbsp instant yeast
200g glutinous rice (soaked for 4 hours, steamed till cooked)
2 tbsp dried shrimps (soaked, drained and chopped)
3 shallots, diced
7 mushrooms (soaked, drained and diced)
200g minced pork
2 tbsp oil
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp pepper
- Place Pau flour on a clean working area. Make a well in the centre. Add in remaining (A) ingredients. Add (B) slowly, mix into a dough and knead with both hands till it becomes elastic. Cover and rest dough for 30 minutes.
- Add 2tbsp oil to wok, saute onions, dried shrimps and mushrooms. Stir well, add in pork and seasoning. Add in glutinous rice, stir till its well mixed. Set aside.
- Roll out the dough into a long roll. Cut into four parts, and roll out each part into rectangular shapes. Roll the filling using a plastic sheets (microwave wrap) to the same length as the dough.
- Place filling on top of the dough. Flip over to encase the filling. Place a parchment paper below the glutinous roll and repeat for the remaining ingredients.
- Steamed the rolls in a wok with boiling water. Steam over medium heat for 5 minutes and serve.