Chicken Satay

Monday, August 30, 2010

As I had mentioned previously that I had bought a new gas grill to bring back to Kuantan for my family BBQ dinner. I had searched for satay recipes as I always wanted to make my own Satay and now it's the opportunity to try making satay and utilize my new gas grill. Satay was one of my favourite food items. I always love to dip lots and lots of peanut sauce while having satay. Since it's home made, I had cut the chicken meats into bigger chunks as I love a more meaty bite for my satay.

Marinated chicken meat thread into bamboo skewers

Hot from my newly bought grill.

One set of my home made Satay to be served.

Ingredients

6 chicken thighs, deboned and cut into pieces

Spice Paste:
2 tsp coriander powder
4 stalks lemon grass
12 shallots, peeled
4 cloves garlic, peeled
8 tbsp cooking oil
2 tsp chili powder
4 tsp turmeric powder (kunyit)
8 tsp kicap manis
2 tbsp oyster sauce
bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 2 hours to avoid burning)
1 cucumber, cut into pieces

Methods

  1. Cut the chicken meat into small cubes.
  2. Grind the Spice Paste in a food processor.
  3. Add little water if needed as the spice paste mixture.
  4. Marinate the chicken pieces with the spice paste for 10-12 hours or best overnight.
  5. Thread the meat on to bamboo skewers and grill for 3-5 minutes each side. Serve hot with fresh cucumber pieces.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP