- Boil baby potatoes until just tender. Drain and lightly dry with paper towels.
- Put potatoes into large bowl. Add oil and thyme. Toss gently and leave for 1 hour.
- Grill potatoes for 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and serve hot.
- Rinse chicken wings and drain well. Season with marinade for 4-5 hours or best overnight.
- Placed chicken wings on the grill. Grill for 15-20 minutes until cooked thoroughly and golden in colour. Serve hot or warm.
10 chicken wings
3/4 cup brown sugar
6 cloves garlic, diced
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse and cleaned chicken wings. Pat it dry.
- Mix all ingredients of the marinade in a large bowl.
- Add the wings and toss to coat evenly. Marinade 4-5 hours or best overnight.
- Grill the wings on the gas grills for 15-20minutes until its brown in colour.
- Serve warm or hot.
10 pcs chicken wings
1 tsp black pepper
4 cm fresh ginger
4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp sweet soy sauce/kicap manis
2 ½ tbsp of mayonnaise
salt to taste
- Clean and wash chicken wings and pat it dry.
- Put the rest of the ingredients into a blender and blend into a paste.
- Marinate the wings with the paste for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
3 cup dry roasted peanuts (unsalted)
2 cup water
3 tbsp sweet soy sauce @ kicap manis
2 1/2 tbsp sugar (palm sugar preferred)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
4 heaped tamarind pulp (soaked in 1/4 cup water for 15 minutes, squeeze the tamarind pulp for juice and discard the pulp)
24 dried red chilies (seeded and soaked in warm water)
6 cloves garlic
4 lemon grass (white parts only)
2 inch ginger (galangal preferred)
2 tbsp coriander powder (optional)
- Crush the peanuts coarsely with mortar and pestle or blender and set aside.
- Chop the spice paste ingredients and blend until fine.
- Heat oil and fry the spice paste until aromatic and smell spicy.
- Add the peanuts, tamarind juice, water, sugar, sweet soy sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Simmer in low heat while continue stirring for about 3 minutes until the peanut sauce turns smooth. Serve at room temperature with the satay.
6 chicken thighs, deboned and cut into pieces
2 tsp coriander powder
4 stalks lemon grass
12 shallots, peeled
4 cloves garlic, peeled
8 tbsp cooking oil
2 tsp chili powder
4 tsp turmeric powder (kunyit)
8 tsp kicap manis
2 tbsp oyster sauce
bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 2 hours to avoid burning)
1 cucumber, cut into pieces
- Cut the chicken meat into small cubes.
- Grind the Spice Paste in a food processor.
- Add little water if needed as the spice paste mixture.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the spice paste for 10-12 hours or best overnight.
- Thread the meat on to bamboo skewers and grill for 3-5 minutes each side. Serve hot with fresh cucumber pieces.