After picking up another friend, we started our journey to Ulu Yam. It takes us about 45 minutes to reach the place. When we arrived at the restaurant, it was packed with customers even though the lunch time had passed. Hmm, I guessed there's no official lunch hour especially during weekend.. Hehe..
Saturday, May 30, 2009
- Poach eggs in microwave using egg poacher. Put aside.
- Sautee onion in a little of the butter until soft but not brown. Put aside.
- Heat butter in pan and fry patties for about three minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Place all the ingredients on the burger buns.
- Serve with french fries.
Friday, May 29, 2009
3 cups of rice (preferably overnight)
6 prawns, shelled and deveined
3 tbsp green peas
3 tbsp corns
1 chinese sausage, sliced
1 tbsp garlic
2 tbsp of belacan granules
2 tbsp dried shrimps
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp chicken stock granules
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
oil for cooking
lettuce leaves for decoration
- Heat one to two tablespoons oil in a wok, pour in eggs and fry until properly cooked. Dish out and put aside.
- Add two more tablespoons of oil and saute garlic and dried shrimps till aromatic. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir-fry well. Pour rice and seasoning in and continue to stir-fry well. Add in the scrambled eggs.
- Dish out and serve on lettuce leaves.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
300g chicken thigh/meat
300g yambean/sengkuang, peeled and cut into chunks
1 sweet corn, peeled and cut into chunks
2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
4 black mushrooms, soaked
1 tbsp chicken stock
salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients into a slow cooker overnight.
- Add salt and chicken stock.
- Serve hot.
- Heat up oil and saute chopped garlic until fragrant. Add in bittergourd and mix well. Add salt and continue to stir-fry until bittergourd is soft. Dish up.
- Combine bittergourd, ingredients B in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Heat up 3 tbsp oil, pour in mixture (2) and pan-fry at medium heat until set. Turn it over and continue to fry until golden brown. Dish up and serve.
Note: Before cooking bittergourd, add salt to bittergourd and blanch with water for 2-3 minutes, wash and squeeze dry to reduce the bitter taste.
- Heat up oil in a clay pot and stir-fry black mushrooms until fragrant. Add in all ingredients (except tunghoon), seasoning and bring to boil.
- Lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes. Add tunghoon and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and serve hot in clay pot.
Note: You can add in dried lily bulbs for the claypot too.
1 egg white
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp light soya sauce
dash of pepper and sesame oil
1 tsp corn flour
1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 1/4 tsp light soya sauce
3/4 tsp sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp shaoxing wine
dash of pepper and chicken stock
2 tbsp corn flour water for thickening
- Mix fish fillet with marinade and season for 30 minutes. Deep-fry in hot oil for 1 minute. Dish and drain.
- Leave 1 tbsp oil in wok and saute ginger until fragrant. Add in fish fillet, spring onion, seasoning and stir-fry at high heat until well mixed. Thicken with corn flour and dish up.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
See the blue colour - so striking
The fillings inside - chunks of meats which are sweet and aromatic
Can you see how matching the dumpling colour with the background? Seeing rainbow here.. :)
- Prepare rice: Take out 200g glutinous rice and mix with blue colouring. Mix the rest of the rice with oil, salt, pepper and chicken stock.
- To prepare filling: Heat oil, fry chopped shallots and garlic till fragrant, add belly pork and chopped winter melon. Stir fry for 5 minutes, add seasoning and mix well.
- To prepare dumpling: Fold 2 pieces bamboo leaves into cone shape, fill cone with 1 1/2 tbsp glutinous rice, 2 tbsp filling and top up with 1 tbsp glutinous rice and 1/2 tbsp blue rice, place 2 pieces pandan leaves on top. Wrap and secure with hemp string. Boil into plenty water over high heat for 1 hour, reduce heat and boil for further 1 1/2 hours.
1) The original recipes has used butterfly pea flower to prepare the blue colouring.
2) I will suggest to add an extra 1 tsp chicken stock and 1/4 tsp salt for the 800g rice coz I felt the taste of the rice is not flavourful enough.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
My creation - banana cake with frosting.. Again it's too sweet even after I had reduced the amount...
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius. Grease bottom only 9 inch pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, mashed banana, water, oil and eggs; beat with electric mixer at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at high speed. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 180 Celsius for 35-40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely for about 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly and watching closely; until butter just begins to turn golden (butter will get foamy and bubble). Remove from heat. Cool for 15 minutes.
- With electric mixer on low speed; beat icing sugar, vanilla and enough milk until frosting is smooth and desired spreading consistency. Frost cooled cake.
- Decorated the cake as you desired.
Friday, May 22, 2009
- Heat up oil. Saute chopped onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in mushrooms, minced meat and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add in water chestnuts, seasoning and stir well. Add in chopped spring onion and thicken with corn flour water. Dish up and leave to cool.
- Spread some filling onto a piece of white bread and sandwich with another piece of bread. Dip into beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Dish and drain. Cut into pieces and serve hot.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Hehe.. Can't resist but snapped the lovely flower from Hubby...
So on the night sharp at 12 am midnight, we had a mini cake cutting celebration at home. Yum yum.. The Royal Chocolate Cake was so delicious and chocolatey. Here's some of the pictures taken during our mini celebration.
My birthday cake..
Me and Hubby together..
For this year birthday, I decided to take a day off work and lazying around the house and be a 'Queen' in the house - eat, sleep, internet and watching TVB series... All this actually equals of being a 'Piggy' at home.. Hehe.. So for the night, Hubby and I actually went to One Utama to have my birthday dinner and to catch a movie (Angels and Demons). We had our dinner in 'The Little Black Book' which offers American style food. All the portion of food was big. So we ended up stuffing ourselves full with food. So no popcorn for movie for us.. *Sob sob*
Birthday gal... :)
Of coz with Hubby...
Rootbeer with vanilla ice-cream
Cheesy Chicken - Hubby's choice
Overall, the food was delicious except the pasta is a bit salty to my taste. Nevertheless, Hubby commented it tasted fine to him. After our dinner and movie, we headed home. Of ya, I can't resist snapping a picture together with my flower too when we were back home. Guessed what happened after that, the electricity was down for our housing area. What a memorable birthday for me, we ended up lighting candles at home and we found back our 'civilization' at around 3 am. Looking at the bright side, we managed to save on electricity bill for that nite.. *Kekeke*
Me before electricity was down..