Wednesday, October 28, 2009
That's the final batch of the Siew Yoke that has been kept in my freezer for quite sometime. Phew! Finally I had finish cooking all of them. So for this round, we had something different - Beancurd with Siew Yoke in claypot. I had placed the claypot on the stove too long thus overcooked the honey peas as shown in the pictures. They were slightly darker in colour. I was hoping to make the carrots softer but totally forgotten that the honey peas were easily cook. Thus, I should have placed them the last if I wanted to make the carrots softer and yet not overcooking the honey peas. If you were not that fussy as I am, the cooking time should take around 2 minutes only. I think I took more than 5 minutes plus - hence the end results, honey peas overcook.
2 eggs beancurd
1 tsp garlic, chopped
5 slices ginger
100g prawns, deshelled
100g Siew Yoke (roasted pork), sliced
100g honey peas
50g carrots, sliced
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp light soy sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp corn flour with 2 tbsp water, thickening
- Deep fry beancurd in hot oil till golden brown. Dish and drain.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil in claypot, saute chopped garlic and ginger till fragrant.
- Add in prawns, Siew Yoke, carrot, honey peas and stir well.
- Add in seasoning, beancurd and cook for 2 minutes.
- Thicken with corn flour water and remove from heat. Serve hot.