Herbal Chicken

Friday, December 24, 2010

Chicken is a commonly prepared dish especially when it comes to Chinese celebration. So I guessed it's a SOP to have in my dinner dishes for this Winter Solstice dinner in our house. Since I am cooking all by myself, the simpler the preparation of the dishes involve, the easier my life will be in the kitchen. So here's another simple dish that I had chosen for the menu - Herbal Chicken. Just marinate, dump everything inside the aluminium foil and put on a steamer.
Yummy Yummy...

I had placed in lots of wolfberries as well.

Ingredients

1 kampung chicken
8 slices dang qui
3 tbsp wolfberries
2 tbsp ginger, shredded

Seasoning
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp Shao Xing wine
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 aluminium foil


Methods
  1. Marinate the chicken with seasoning. Leave overnight in fridge.
  2. Place in remaining ingredients and wrap in aluminium foil.
  3. In wok, bring water to boil. Place the wrapped foil into wok. Steamed over 45mins-1 hour in medium heat.
  4. Serve hot.



0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP