Glutinous Rice Rolls

Friday, December 31, 2010

This is made for our last breakfast for the year 2010 - Glutinous Rice Rolls. Since I had the whole week off from work, I had decided to give this recipe a try as Hubby loves glutinous rice and this is something new that we haven't try before; I told myself - 'Why not give it a try'. For those who don't know, I am not good in making Pau items as I always have difficulty in 'wrapping up' the dough with its filling. Anyway, that was certainly not an excuse for not attempting again.

Cooking the filling for this rolls was a pretty easy task as we just need to fry all the ingredients before rolling it up with the Pau dough. As I had anticipated, I was still a 'mess' in rolling up up the fillings. Nevertheless, I had managed to complete the task. WELL DONE for myself *clap clap clap*.

Special Message to Hubby here:
Thanks for always being by my side for all the ups and downs in our life. Hope that the year 2011 will a great year for you, I and of course for US. I love you!




Ingredients

Skin
(A)
400g pau flour
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 tbsp instant yeast
30g shortening
(B)
200ml water

Filling
200g glutinous rice (soaked for 4 hours, steamed till cooked)
2 tbsp dried shrimps (soaked, drained and chopped)
3 shallots, diced
7 mushrooms (soaked, drained and diced)
200g minced pork
2 tbsp oil


Seasoning
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp pepper

Methods

  1. Place Pau flour on a clean working area. Make a well in the centre. Add in remaining (A) ingredients. Add (B) slowly, mix into a dough and knead with both hands till it becomes elastic. Cover and rest dough for 30 minutes.
  2. Add 2tbsp oil to wok, saute onions, dried shrimps and mushrooms. Stir well, add in pork and seasoning. Add in glutinous rice, stir till its well mixed. Set aside.
  3. Roll out the dough into a long roll. Cut into four parts, and roll out each part into rectangular shapes. Roll the filling using a plastic sheets (microwave wrap) to the same length as the dough.
  4. Place filling on top of the dough. Flip over to encase the filling. Place a parchment paper below the glutinous roll and repeat for the remaining ingredients.
  5. Steamed the rolls in a wok with boiling water. Steam over medium heat for 5 minutes and serve.

2 comments:

downlights said...

nice posting keep blogging

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP