Sweet and Sour Pork (Ku Lou Yuk)

Saturday, May 24, 2008





Oh, today is the day! Hubby finally realised his promise to cook Sweet and Sour Pork. Its been a very long time ago since he made that promise. (Believe me, its been a long long time ago) You must be wondering why must it be Sweet and Sour Pork and not any other dishes. Well, the reason is very simple. Sweet and Sour Pork (Ku Lou Yok) has always been my favourite dish since I was small. My mom always cook this dish whenever I return home. Okay folks, I got a confession here, I am more a carnivore person, I just love meat and don't get me wrong, I do take veges as well since I know the goodness of a balance and healthy diet. Hubby been busy preparing for D-Day. Last night, we went shopping for the ingredients to make this dish. Its kinda funny to explain to Hubby what is the ingredients written in the cookbook and the location of the ingredients placed in the hypermarket when we were doing our shopping. To a certain extend, he is kinda confused with what is stated in the cookbook but after some brief explanation, he understands it completely and today he completed his task with FLYING COLOURS. It tasted so delicious.
So ladies and gentlemen,
GIVE A ROUND OF APPLAUSE to my BELOVED HUBBY! ^clap clap clap^ YOU'RE THE BEST! ^Muacks Muacks^. I AM SO TOUCHED DEAR!

Ingredients

500 ml oil for deep-frying
300-500g pork (with fat)
corn flour for coating pork
1 green capsicum, sliced
1 tomato, cut into wedges
1 onion, sliced
1 cucumber, cut into wedges
1 can of pineapple

Marinade
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 egg
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 tbsp water

Sauce
1 tbsp plum sauce
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp vinegar
100ml water


Methods
  1. Cut pork into 1/2 inch thick and pound with the back of the knife until tender. Then cut into cubes.
  2. Add in marinade and marinate for 30 minutes.
  3. Coat pork cubes with corn flour and deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown. Dish and drain.
  4. Leave 1 tbsp oil in work, stir-fry capsicum, tomato, onion and pineapple until fragrant.
  5. Pour in sauce and bring to cook till its thick.
  6. Add deep-fry pork and mix well.
  7. Dish up and serve.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

No bad ooooo i had tried it. Thanks

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP