Nasi Briyani with Chicken

Wednesday, July 9, 2008






I had been going for some groceries shopping the other day, and this particular rice mix on the rack caught my attention - Briyani Rice Mix. I was thinking of giving it a try since the instructions and ingredients are kinda simple and easy. You guys must have realised by now, most of the time the dishes I made uses a lot of 'shortcut'. Oh well, why not right since they can helped me shorten the duration of my preparation. The rice was fragrant but just one word of precaution when it comes to the amount of water we should be using to cook this rice. I had followed strictly on the amount of water and the rice turned out to be a bit soggy. Guess I have been to engrossed with the whole cooking thingy in the packet till I forget the basic of measuring the water with my palm on deciding the amount of water to use to cook the rice. I'll be serving the Nasi Briyani with beef curry, stir fried cabbages and deep-fried appalam.

Ingredients

1 Briyani Rice mix
3 tbsp ghee
2 cups of rice, washed and drained
300g chicken
2 1/2 cups of water (varies)
20g raisins
20g sliced appalam, deep-fried

Methods
  1. Heat 3 tbsp ghee in rice cooker and fry 50g Briyani Rice mix until aromatic.
  2. Stir in 2 cups of rice and 300g chicken until well-coated with mixture.
  3. Add 2 1/2 cups water and stir. Cook until rice and chicken are done.
  4. Once the rice are done, stir in the raisins and serve hot with the deep-fry sliced appalam, curry and vegetables.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP