Steamed Baked Ginger Onion Chicken

Sunday, July 20, 2008






I had been away during the last weekend for my company's half yearly meeting. Therefore, I didn't managed to try out this particular recipe that had caught my attention. So managed to get my hands on it for our lunch today. Special thanks to my dearie Hubby today coz he helped out in cutting the chicken into serving pieces. Hehe.. I have no experienced in cutting a whole chicken before, therefore I am clueless when comes to this part.. This dish taste wonderful and the meat is indeed more succulent as compared to the normal baked ones. Maybe its because the chicken had been steamed first before baking it in the oven.


Ingredients

Ingredients A
1 chicken

Ingredients B
1 piece ginger (smashed)
2 stalks spring onions
1 stalk coriander leafs

Marinades
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp 5 spices powder
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp cornflour

Serving Sauce
4 tbsp ginger paste
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp hot oil
(mix with the steamed chicken gravy)


Methods

  1. Marinate chicken with the marinade overnight. Rub inside and skin.
  2. Stuff the chicken cavity with smashed Ingredients B. Steam for 10 minutes.
  3. Transfer the steamed chicken to bake in a pre-heated oven 200 Celcius for 20 minutes until golden brown.
  4. Cut chicken into serving pieces. Serve with serving sauce.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP