Braised Spicy Pork with Bean Curd

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I had been stuck with some lazy bug symptoms for the past few days. I seems to be aimless and lost focus easily. I guessed I needed someone to come and knock on my head to kick out this lethargic bug that had been in my system this few days. WAKE UP WAKE UP! Time to get things done and keep going forward. (Am telling myself this statement while writing this post)

Oh well, back to this post, it's another porky dish that I had prepared for our dinner. Hubby commented I had been using star anise and cinnamon sticks frequently nowadays in my dishes including this one. Well, it's good to utilised all the raw ingredients that we had in our kitchen to prevent wastage. *Wink wink*... Hehehe and furthermore, this two lovely ingredients does enhances the flavour for the dishes, so why not use them right?? :)

Ingredients

1 tbsp oil
3 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
3 stalks spring onion, cut 2 inch length
1 thumb size ginger, flattened
6 dried chilies, soaked and cut into strips
1 block soft bean curd
500g pork belly
cornflour solution for thickening


Seasoning
5 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
750ml water


Methods
  1. Heat up oil. Saute star anise and cinnamon stick till fragrant. Add in spring onions, ginger, dried chilies and stir fry till aromatic. Add in seasoning and bring to boil.
  2. Add in remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Lower and simmer for 45 minutes till pork is soft. Dish up pork and bean curd.
  3. Thicken the sauce with cornflour solution. Pour the sauce (minus the remaining ingredients) over pork belly and bean curd. Serve hot.

A sinful dish (not for the faint heart or weight watchers)

Love the gravy which is infused with aroma.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP