Streaky Bacon Wrapped Enoki Mushroom Rolls

Thursday, April 2, 2009

I am preparing this rolls earlier as part of Hubby's lunch bento for tomorrow. Initially I had thought of preparing them in individual roll form but I changed my mind and used skewer form instead. The rolls looks more appetising to me in skewers especially we need a neat and nice arrangement in bento box. This photo is just taken a few minutes ago. I guess nobody as crazy as me to bake at this kinda hours (9pm) The rolls freshly out of oven... Warning: It's pipping HOT!!!!

I felt that they look like some forms of alien octopus lining up for a battle.. U shared the same thoughts with me?

Bacon teams up with enoki mushroom..



Ingredients

1 package of enoki mushrooms
3 pcs bacon
steak spice (You can used black pepper)
1 3/4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp light brown sugar



Methods

  1. Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celcius.
  2. Heat soy sauce and brown sugar over low heat, stirring until combined, turn off heat and set aside.
  3. Trim enoki mushrooms and divide them evenly into 6 bundles.
  4. Cut bacon crosswise into 6 pieces.
  5. Lined the baking pan with aluminium foil.
  6. Set the mushrooms on a bacon slices and season lightly with steak spice.
  7. Roll them up and secure with a skewer (1 skewer - 3 bundles) and place on foil.
  8. Baste each bundle lightly with the soy sauce mixture and bake them 10-15 minutes, basting again halfway through, until the bacon is brown and crisp.
  9. Drain on paper towels and serve warm.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP