Honey Chicken Teriyaki and Noodles

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chicken teriyaki with noodles


Today is 1st of April which is also April's Fool Day. Have u been playing pranks on your friends or vise versa? Well neither of this happens to me but today was actually a bad day for me coz I was not feeling well the whole day. Sigh.. It must be the extremely hot weather this few days. Nevertheless, I need to cook the chicken drumsticks that I had marinated 2 days earlier coz it'll not be fresh anymore if I kept delaying to cook it. So I end up forcing my lazy bum up and head towards the kitchen to prepare the drumsticks.

The extra marinade was used to cook up the noodles. How blur I am coz I had totally forgot about not having anymore noodles in the kitchen. So make a wild guess what noodles did I use? Yup, you're correct! It's instant noodles. I had boiled the noodles earlier before tossing it with the remaining marinade in the saucepan. I realised the colour of this dish are too dull, therefore I had added some green peas to add some colours to the dish.


Ingredients
3 tablespoons honey
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 chicken drumsticks
2 packet of instant noodles (you can used soba/vermicelli)
1/2 cup of green peas


Methods
  1. Mix teriyaki, honey, garlic, oil in pan.
  2. Add chicken. Refrigerate, covered for 3 hours or overnight.
  3. Broil chicken on saucepan rack 4 to 5 minutes. Brush with marinade. Turn over; brush. Broil 4 to 5 minutes until no longer pink.
  4. Boil remaining marinade in saucepan until reduced by a third.
  5. Cook noodles according to package directions. Toss with marinade. Place chicken drumsticks on plate and serve over noodles and green peas.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP